Small Dog Park Orientation Training Class
Join us for free dog park orientation training classes.
We have 8 small dog and 8 large dog sessions scheduled with Champion K9 Services with Ryan Burnett; 4 this Fall 2019 and 4 in Spring 2020.
All classes held on Saturday mornings; 10am- 11:30am Small Dog Training and 12:30pm-2pm Large Dog Training.
Please register in advance at the link above, or call 978-352-0310 to sign up.
Classes offered free thanks to a generous grant by the Community Foundation of North Central Massachusetts.
Saturday, September 14th, 2019
Saturday, September 21st, 2019
Saturday October 12th, 2019
Saturday October 19th, 2019
Saturday, March 28th, 2020
Saturday, April 11th, 2020
Saturday, April 25th, 2020
Saturday, May 9th, 2020
Fitchburg Dog Park Training Schedule By Champion K9 Services L.L.C. (CK9S)
1. Before Going to the Park (8-10 min)
- Importance of exercise / walking first
- Must be a little bit tired
- Must know RULES, BOUNDARIES, & LIMITATIONS
- Can’t be social if we are frustrated
2. Assess & Evaluate (8-10 min)
- All people and dogs.
- Time spent outside the park helps inside
- Dogs obsessed with balls/territorial w/food or other objects
3. Positive Energy -- How to enter/exit (15 min)
- Breathing exercise (5-5)
- How Dogs get to know each other (nose,eyes,ears)
- How Humans get to know each other (ears, eyes, nose)
- Meeting Dogs: Where to look. How to move. What to say (handler)
- Meeting Dog to Dog. The importance of building a pack (Dog and humans)
making relationships while in motion and making friends.
4. Dog Responses (8-10 min)
- Fool around
- What makes a dog choose?
5. Breaking up PLAY (5-8 min)
- When to step in and how to do it
- Stop a fight before it begins
- Teaching to play nicely
- Recalling your dog
6. Four Energies We Need In Life (5-10 min)
- Contact / Engagement (check in with your dog)
- Building contact / trust
- Calmness, Confidence, Love, Joy
- Body (Exercise),Mind (Discipline),Heart (Affection)
7. Handling Techniques (15 min)
- Aggression vs. Stress. What's it look like?
- Leashes / tools. What to use & when?
- Do’s & Don'ts of using rewards (food,toys,etc.)
8. Wrap up/ Q&A (10-15 min)
- Dog / Humans
- Pack Leader / Alpha
- Play / Work